Too often people say,” I only turned my back for a few seconds “
Unfortunately, a few second is all it takes.
Drowning is one of the leading causes of unintentional or accidental injury-related deaths to children
Here is how you can make a difference.
• Supervise! Never leave a child alone near a pool, or spa, bathtub, pond, toilet, or any standing water.
• Assign an adult water watcher to keep their eyes on the water at all times.
• Never rely on devices or swimming lessons to protect children.
• Learn CPR & first aid.
• Know your neighborhood and the homes your children visit, is there a pool and is it properly protected?
• If the children will be swimming, who will be supervising them?
• Keep rescue equipment at or near the pool, learn how to swim and use proper rescue techniques.